Accessing Our Services
Am I eligible for Meals on Wheels?
Meals on Wheels Tweed aims to enhance peoples wellness through providing a nutritious and tasty meals service, ensuring adequate nutritional intake, assisting people who use our service to maintain their independence to remain living comfortably and safely in their own home. We provide a meal delivery for anyone looking for a healthy, delicious, cost-effective meal service. We can also assist you with menu planning, shopping, and meal preparation in your own home.
Our service is funded by the Commonwealth Department of Health through the Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) to provide high quality food services and social support to frail, aged, and older people.
Our services are subsidised under the following programmes:
- Aged 65 years or over
- Aged 50 years or over and identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- Home Care Packages (HCP) (Meal Preparation and Delivery)
- Plan Managed NDIS
Register with My Aged Care
If you are 65 years or over (or 50 years or over for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders), you will require a referral from the government organisation, My Aged Care. To be referred to Meals on Wheels Tweed, please call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 or visit the My Aged Care website. Alternatively, you can complete the form below and we can assist to arrange the referral on your behalf. The process typically takes up to 48 hours, however, we can commence our services to you in the meantime if needed.
Please feel free to contact our staff for more information on being referred to our service.
My Aged Care is the Australian Government website and phone line for entry into Aged Care services and to help you find out what aged care services may be available to help you.
- To register for CHSP services from Meals on Wheels Tweed or for any other Aged Care services, please contact the My Aged Care team on 1800 200 422.
- Our staff at Meals on Wheels Tweed can assist with the registration and referral process if required.
- You will be assessed, initially over the phone.
- You may then be referred for CHSP services (lower level of services) or a Home Care package (higher level needs)
People With Home Care Packages
Meals on Wheels Tweed is funded under the CHSP programme, if you are allocated and accept a Home Care package you are no longer eligible for CHSP funded services, ALTHOUGH YOU CAN STILL CHOOSE TO RECEIVE OUR SERVICES.
We work with your Home Care Package Provider to offer meals, social support and transport services under
Level 1, 2, 3 and 4 Packages.
How Packages work
- After assessment and when you have been allocated a package, you will receive notification from My Aged Care.
- It is then up to you to choose a Home Care Package Provider (HCPP).
- When you have chosen a HCPP you will have a consultation session with your HCPP to decide what will be included in your package.
- Which services are included in your package is YOUR choice. Providers are there to assist YOU.
- You may also be choose to self-manage your funds.
I have a Home Care Package and I need meals delivered, social support or transport services
- You will need to state in your Home Care plan that you wish to have meal preparation and meal delivery paid for out of your plan so that we can deliver meals to you, then you just need to contact us.
- Provision of Social Support and or Transport services, by us, also needs to be approved in your plan. Please speak to your HCPP to ensure all services you require are in your plan.
- Once your plan has been established we will meet with you to discuss a Service Agreement and options for you, discuss the fees payable and the meal delivery can then begin.
What would you have to pay?
- Level 1, 2, 3 and 4 Packages cover the cost of meal preparation and delivery.
- The cost price of the meal ingredients is paid by you. Home Care packages are unable to pay for the raw food component of a meal.